Data Operations Analyst
Reports to: Director of Business Analytics & Operations
If you describe yourself as inquisitive, curious, analytical, passionate…
And your approach is to work independently, be accurate, adapt to change & meet deadlines….
And you are “that” person, whose friends and family members say you analyze everything…
…then this job could be the right fit for you, so read on…
What it is
We need a person who has very strong analytical, a high attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects in an everchanging small business environment. This individual must be self-motivated and driven to excel. The majority of the time your job functions will include implementing and maintaining the day to day data collection processes. These data processes include the systems that load client files as well as the Natural Language Processing system that analyzes our client guest feedback data. Furthermore, you will execute data analysis projects and prepare written & graphical summaries and presentations for internal team and clients. Good verbal and written communication skills required.
What to expect in your first year
The first 60 days, you are immersed in an intense learning stage. So, take advantage of one-on-one training before you have to fly semi-solo. You will work closely with three lead Analysts – first to shadow and learn, and then you will have your own client base. Our products run on a very consistent cycle so once you get past your initial learning curve you will have deadlines to meet as well as ad hoc projects that always surface. Often deadlines are almost on top of each other so you must be able to multi-task.
Your growth opportunities
You’ll learn a lot about our clients’ businesses, best people practices, financial performance metrics, and how to think strategically about business from some very smart and experienced people. We are a fast-growing company and your contributions as Associate Analyst will empower the growth of the company as well as help you achieve personal success. The ability to discover & develop your personal niche is available & encouraged.
You’ll be trained primarily by two lead analysts and work closely with them on a day to day basis. You will also learn about our clients’ business and proprietary software, as well as our high level of standards and the company mission. Additional training on our data analytics toolset is available and encouraged.
Our staff has as a committed work ethic and loves to crunch numbers and has fun together; they chat, joke & tell stories. Relationships are strong. Your co-workers will probably ask you on your first day what your favorite music group, favorite food (In and Out or Whataburger?), pet names, you know, the important things in life!
This position is a salaried, full-time position. Project/implementation deadlines will dictate your schedule to a large extent. It may take long hours and/or weekends to meet some deadlines. As we mentioned up front, you need to be passionate about what you do.
We approach our clients’ businesses from an integrated perspective; their success means our success. And, we’re passionate about our business and our clients’ businesses – really passionate. We keep our clients for a long time and a part of the reason is because we learn the multiple aspects of their business from the inside out, as if it were our own. We are proud of the fact that we move the needle, building best practices and loyalty for our clients, but we know we couldn’t do that if we didn’t get in there and make sure our clients truly “get” it. We strive for zero-defect in all our work as data integrity, security and quality is the cornerstone our business.
Your Working Environment
Fun and casual. Your team is hard working and focused upon doing great work for the client – but we never forget to have fun in the process. It will be fast paced, and deadline filled, and we all enjoy coming to work… most days.
Black Box Intelligence™ is a small group of professionals who consider each other family. Our CEO gets a rush out of seeing our employees blossom and grow. We are guided by a set of core values that are more than just a poster on the wall.
• One Team – I am more than my department and will behave as such
• Do Good – I will leave it better than I found it
• Dream Big – Big visions lead to big results; take risks
• Ignite Fire – I am passionate about the restaurant industry and the people in it
• Own It – I take ownership and am relentless in my pursuit of excellence
• Inspire Trust – Every interaction inspires trust
We are a results-oriented work environment that allows for schedule flexibility and 4 weeks of vacation. As if that’s not enough, we also provide a full range of benefits including health insurance options – offering medical, both traditional and HSA options, RX, vision and dental coverage. Other added benefits include 401k, short and long term disability, a fun supportive work environment and the ability to learn and grow with a world-class team.
Technical Skills Required
• Advanced knowledge of Excel; Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of SQL or equivalent multi-dimensional databases.
• Familiarity with Power BI or any other Business Intelligence tool (MicroStrategy, Tableau) is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud services (S3, Redshift) is a plus
• Familiarity with relational databases is a plus
Character Qualities You’ll Need
• Love numbers, math, formulas, and have a basic understanding of statistics.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to manage multiple projects and adapt to change
• Isolating and resolving all data errors and inconsistencies through root cause analysis and conducting data analysis.
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be comfortable interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Enjoy collaboration, with a preference for face-to-face communication
• Be self-directed and self-motivated
• Have an ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
• Be a good active listener and communicator
• Education: Four year bachelor’s degree
• Experience: 0-2 years
• Travel: None
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas at this time