The report is broken into two sections: compensation and benefits. Participants include leading restaurant brands from across the nation, and key metrics are shown at the dining segment level as well as segmented based on system-wide sales.
The compensation segment contains industry metrics such as:
- Base salary
- Annual bonus
- Total cash compensation for corporate office and support center roles
- Pay range and merit increases from the executive level in the corporate offices to the hourly level in the restaurants
- Detailed variable pay and bonus plan structures as well as additional profit opportunities, such as equity in the company, profit sharing, etc.
- Payroll costs broken down by department
The benefits segment focuses on the prevalence of benefit offerings in the industry, highlighting differences in usage by segment and company size and including the percentage of cost covered by the employer for commonly used benefit plan:
- The monthly cost of PPO and HMO plans for employee-only coverage, as well as employee +1 and employee plus family coverage. Metrics are shown by position level for each of the segments and company size groupings.
- Medical office visit copays, generic and brand name prescription copays, deductibles and out of pocket maximums by position level
- Health benefits for part-time employees, including average cost of limited benefit plans offered, wellness program usage and commonly offered programs
- Paid time off policies by position level, including amount of vacation time according to length of employment as well as data on savings and severance plans
- Additional offers including company cars, dining, tuition, reimbursement, etc.
- Corporate office staff turnover